Saturday, December 9, 2006

Please Allow Me to Introduce Myself

I am relatively new to this world of blogging, but I am rapidly becoming that most dangerous of people - a commited convert. Just like those that have quit smoking (something I have yet to master), I am becoming not quite a rabid convert, but I have to remind myself not to allow that to occur.

I am a Democrat, make no mistake about it. I am a Democrat because I believe that the Democratic Party is the one that best explemplifies the Greatest Commandment: "Love thy neighbor as thyself."

To fully carry out that commandment, one must be more than tolerant with those who disagree with them. They must seek to understand the nature of the disagreement. They must seek to find some common ground upon which to begin to understand each other.

This is at the core of my value system. I believe in a values based policy and political decision making system. If one stays true to ones' values, the policy decisions that are made will almost always be intellectually defensible. Even if the decision is made with the value of faith alone.

The mission of this blog is to provide a place to discuss and debate the best ways to come together in this country to make it a better place. All who wish to make this country a better place will always be welcome here.

No comments: